Monday, January 09, 2006

Time is short and life is good

My feel-good predictions for the future? War with Iran. Global pandemic. Tory victory at the next general election.

Happy New Year. I'm emigrating to Mars.

On a lighter note, I rediscovered The Jam this festive season. I've been listening to Going Underground on repeat for the past fortnight. I recommend it as a cure-all against the coming sabre-rattling as we eagerly await the next instalment in George And Tony's Big Terrorist Adventure (Episode IV: A No Hope).

What you see is what you get
You’ve made your bed, you better lie in it
You choose your leaders and place your trust
As their lies wash you down and their promises rust
You’ll see kidney machines replaced by rockets and guns
And the public wants what the public gets
But I don't get what this society wants.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

1 comment:

El Despiole said...

Sums Britain up beautifully...